May 31st, 2017 by admin
May 31, 2017 – Qubit Networks, a local La Porte IT and technology integrator, spoke at the La Porte Chamber of Commerce on the threats and prevention of cyber-attacks. CEO Ryan Seaburg informed local La Porte businesses of the severity of cybercrime and necessary steps a business can take to protect their digital assets.
During Seaburg's presentation, local businesses were advised to do following:
- Having your email and data backed up offsite helps keep your valuable information safe, even if a natural disaster were to strike.
- Malware is getting trickier through emails, which makes it imperative to have software that is one step ahead of cyber criminals and can stop an attack before you realize it’s happening.
- All businesses should be paying a monthly or yearly firewall subscription in order to keep cyber criminals out and keep employees off malicious sites.
- Make sure employees update to the latest patches and versions of operating systems.
- Consider the option for Data Loss Prevention (DLP) to prevent data from being compromised internally.
- Be aware that your data lives on your employee cell phone. With all of the company information in the cloud/offsite, an employer can easily stop employee access to company information through their cell phone.
Posted in: Recent News,